Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.

Brand new Logitech wireless keyboard stopped working. No

Customer Question

Brand new Logitech wireless keyboard stopped working. No power indicator light. Shut down, removed battery from laptop, changed batteries in keyboard and checked usb and completely in
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.
Hi Kristina, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please confirm if your brand new keyboard is turning ON with the new battery? Or is it no longer turning ON?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The only light that comes on keyboard is the caps lock and there is no light when I hit the cap lock and the keyboard is not working
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. Normally, wireless keyboards have power light indicator to indicate power. Do you remember having this power light indicator before when it was still working? Can you please tell me the exact model of this Logitech keyboard so that I can check it?If the batteries you inserted on the keyboard are new, please check if they are installed in correct polarity. That is, please check the + and - signs indicating how the batteries are to be inserted.Keep me posted.Jess
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They are in correctly. Yr0042
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for that information. Is the keyboard requiring 2 batteries? If yes, are the 2 batteries you inserted all new?Also, have you tried to reconnect the keyboard using the "connect" button in the keyboard and in the software installed in your computer?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
batteries in correctly (2 aaa). I did not have to install anything when I purchased keyboard other day. It's been working fine. And just decided to stop.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.
Kristina,Thank you for writing back with that information. Logitech wireless keyboards and mouse are using a setpoint software to manage the wireless connection.Are you using a Widows computer or a Mac?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.
Hi Kristina,Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix your wireless keyboard issues while you watch?