Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.

I have a HE40SKP and an AW-RP50N controller that was ordered

Customer Question

I have a HE40SKP and an AW-RP50N controller that was ordered for a client however I cannot get the units to talk to one another--is there a step by step method or a service center that can help me.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If the camera controller connects OK to other cameras, but not to this one, then this camera is no good / 'broken', I would say. I am assuming that you have followed all the setup instructions provided with both devices. Connected them with an Ethernet cable, and found that the camera does not respond. Correct? If the camera controller does fine with other cameras, then it has no problem. Swap the cable to the problem camera out with another (proved OK) cable, try once more, if it fails, pack up and return the defective camera for an exchange for another to the vendor or store it was bought from, ASAP, before the return/exchange period runs out. (...At least, that's my opinion. If you think there's more to it than that, let's go over the details you have, and I'll advise you on the basis of them.) If this answers your question and completes the case, please rate my answer. Thanks.