Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Hardware expert with over 10 years experience.

I have a laptop whose display is falling apart. it started

Customer Question

i have a laptop whose display is falling apart. it started by just wobbling a lot. i think the display wasn't properly tied into the hinge. Well, now, it's even worse. i need to find parts to fix it. i think i need the screws, the hinge covers, the front trim. I'm wondering where I can buy these parts.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Chris L. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Usually it is best to get them directly from the manufacturer however they do not sell to individuals so you usually need to go through a certified repair shop. Since you want to do this on your own I would suggest you try this website They carry a large supply of laptop parts for all major brands. Just be sure that you buy parts for your exact make and model of laptop as each model can use specific parts to that model. If you can't find what you need on there it may easier to take it to a local repair shop and have them do it or at least see if they can order you the correct parts. I should also mention, depending on what you need exactly you can often find laptop parts on for a good price so you may want to check there. I would also suggest you see if you can find the service manual for your laptop which will guide you through the repair process. This is not the same as the owners manual, you want the service manual, these can sometimes be downloaded from the manufacturers website. Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.Thanks,Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i sent a message to laptopking to see if i could get the parts. do you know where I could find the service manual?
I have a Sony VAIO SVE151D11L. I wonder if there is any sort of laptop display screw kit or something.i think that bringing it to a repair shop would be too costly (more than the cost of the laptop).
Expert:  Chris L. replied 5 months ago.
I had a look and was not able to locate the service manual online for this model. Like I said sometimes you can find them sometimes you can't. You may want to give a call to a couple of the places here That link above lists some sony Authorized Parts Distributors so they be able to get you just the parts you need.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 5 months ago.
Check this out as well, see if you can locate the parts for your specific laptop
Expert:  Chris L. replied 5 months ago.
Actually I see you are in Canada so this may be a Canadian model so if that is the case have a look here: