IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My majic jack will not receive incoming call and I make any

Customer Question

My majic jack will not receive incoming call and I make any outgoing calls
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I had majic jack before and ending up taking it back. All my emails says it I have to reactivate my old number. I just bought a new one yesterday and would like a new number
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: I just want to be able to use my phone with a new number
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer Hardware
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want to be able to use my phone no incoming calls or out goings at this time
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.Please tell me if your magicJack is plugged in to your computer or your router/modem?I am awaiting your reply.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is plugged into my modem
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the information! In order to use your new magicJack, you first need to activate it. Activation is done using a computer. Once the activation has completed, you will be able to both receive and make phone calls using your magicJack, so you can plug it back into your modem. Here are the instructions on how to register your magicJack:1. Plug the magicJack into one of the available USB ports on your computer and it will automatically launch the magicJack registration window2. Follow the instructions to type your e-mail address, ZIP code, etc - you can use a different e-mail address than the one you used for your previous magicJack3. Once done, you should see your new magicJack phone number which means you can now fully use your magicJack4. To test it, you can call someone while the magicJack is still connected to your computer, or you can call the magicJack number using your cellphone. If everything works, you can un-plug it from the computer and plug it back to your modem Let me know if you require further assistance. Regards,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Hello again!I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.Thanks,IT Miro