Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.

I have a motorola silver II and it keeps disconnecting from

Customer Question

i have a motorola silver II and it keeps disconnecting from my mac computer, although works perfectly with iPhone or iPad
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think that, since the Motorola Silver is not the problem owing to its working perfectly reliably with the iDevices, therefore the problem must be on the computer itself. If the disconnecting is on the computer side, there are several things you can try, before concluding that the computer is simply 'broken' in the Bluetooth hardware (and/or software, but that's less likely.)1. disconnect from WiFi if possible, and other forms of networking also, on the computer.2. reduce the computer's work-load: close all superfluous windows, stop all superfluous / unnecessary programs.(3. if needed, add more RAM memory to the computer. Though that's more a caution for a Windows computer, of course.) All these measures are intended to prevent the link between computer and Motorola Silver from breaking down owing to a period of no response or slow response, owing to the computer being busy either with other communication facilities such as WiFi or other networking, or else from the computer being busy with other tasks or programs.