Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.

Both of my hard drives have

Customer Question

both of my hard drives have been disabled in the bios - how do i reenable them?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: cloned a bigger hard drive & now i can't get it to boot
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: ope...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing REenable your hard drives in BIOS..You mentioned you CLONED your hard drive, to a LARGER size hard drive, and NOW the larger HD will NOT boot up.What about the smaller HD that was the original HD....does it still boot?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i assume its ok.
Are you able to put (connect) BOTH drives in the computer at the same time?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i suppose i could...
Lets call your original drive HD1, and the larger drive HD2Please do so...this SHOULD restore the MBR that lives on the original HD1 drive.You should be able to boot into your HD1 drive.THEN, you will want to see if your HD2 drive is being RECOGNIZED as a drive letter in the DISC MANAGEMENT console of Windows.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
stand by.... installing hard drive
Any updates?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
mounted the old harddrive now it wont boot at all..
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
wont even detect !
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 5 months ago. remove the HD2 (larger drive.So that ONLY the original drive is in the computer.This should be the SAME configuration that you had before ever cloning your hard drive....right?.Now, with ONLY the HD1 (original drive) in the computer....try to power on.What happens?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
aborting this repair, have tech support, will let this guy fight with it... thanks anyway.....
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
well that was an unexpected response.You sir can go to hell. I was willing to give you guys a try, but after that unkind response, I'll not give you anything.