Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience installing networks for small and large companies. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.

How do I get my Harmony 1000 to update? Have 3 PCs - Lenovo

Customer Question

How do I get my Harmony 1000 to update? Have 3 PCs - Lenovo 64-bit desktop Windows 10, HP Pavilion x360 Windows 10, Toshiba Satellite laptop Windows 8.1, all see the remote as a network device, all hang on "Plug in remote press any key to wake up". It did work before. I can get a Harmony 520 and Harmony for Xbox 360 to work. I have tried deleting and reinstalling software, uninstalling and reinstalling device, using different USB cords, different USB ports, over 30 years of pc experience and I'm stumped.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing allow me just a few minutes to review and develop information for you that will answer or resolve this issue.Please Stand-by
To upgrade or reapply the firmware on your Harmony remote:Launch the Harmony remote software and log into your accountClick on the Downloads button at the top-right corner of your screenClick on the Firmware button. Follow the onscreen instructions to upgrade the firmware on your Harmony remoteOnce the firmware upgrade is complete, click on the Update Remote buttonUse your Harmony remote
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That's not the problem. The firmware is up to date. I am just trying to add a device and activity. The remote is connected via USB cable but is stuck on "Plug device in or press a key to wake up" in the Harmony Remote software. The PCs all see the device as RemoteControl USB LANLink in Devices and Printers but Logitech Harmony software won't communicate with it.
Have you tried to connect the remote and use the software on a different computer?
You said you have 3 I would assume you are only trying to get this to work on a single have you tried to use one of the other PC's you have?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
3 computers - as in my original question - Lenovo 64 bit Windows 10, HP Pavilion x360 64 bit Windows10, Toshiba Satellite laptop 16 bit Windows 8.1 two different USB cords, different USB ports, unloaded and reinstalled Remote software both as machine admin and Run as Administrator. I have deinstalled and reinstalled the remote several times. I did get it to work for original firmware upgrade and setup but now the 9 year old remote software doesn't seem to recognize the device.
okay....I cant help you.too combative.Best of luck.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I didn't mean to be combative - meant to be as detailed as possible - "a well asked question is half answered". I also made sure the Harmony 1000 was well charged as I believe on first use it was unresponsive until fully charged. I now charged it for 14 hours.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Never mind. I rebooted a 5th time and suddenly it worked. Go figure......
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.
do you still need help with this ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, it actually works after a 5th system reboot.
ok. just one of those things i guess. may have just needed some time to get it synced or it may have been the pc was not tecnhically connected to it although it said it was connected because it remembered that it was there. if it happens again where you see the device on the computer just double click on the device to make sure that the computer actually has communication with it at the time that you plug in the remote.