Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

The control selects the TV and the channel, but there is no

Customer Question

The control selects the TV and the channel, but there is no sound. When I press the volume, it moves up but no sound. When I press the button withy the line through the speaker, it displays a no sound symbol that goes away but still no sound. This is very disconcerting. Our Harmony control controls regular TV, Apple TV, and Smart TV. No sound on any of these.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the make/model of the tv? How do you get your sound? Through the tv speakers, or through a sound system (sound bar, av receiver, etc)?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sony smart tv
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Harmony universal remote
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Get sound through heos sound bar
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.
Okay is the denon on?If you press the buttons on the soundbar itself, does it respond?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No way to do that with sound b
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.
Oh you have that model. There was an older version as well.Do you have the denon app set up on a phone/tablet? If so, please see if it responds to that.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.
We're looking to see that it is powered on, set to the proper input mode, and volume up.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No app. The problem seems to be with the remote. I hint maybe this service is not working for me. Cancel my request.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Cancel my request. For this problem, it isn't working.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.
The problem is likely with the remote, that is what I"m trying to diagnose by manually getting the soundbar back where it needs to be via the alternate controls. I cannot cancel anything as we are all independent techs here on our own personal time. You may do so from the help page.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. Cancel my request.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.
Again, I cannot. You may do so yourself.Posting that here does not cancel or refund anything.