Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Since the Tandy II Ive been utilizing and repairing hardware components. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

What category is a blasted stylus??? I can't figure out

Customer Question

what category is a blasted stylus??? I can't figure out hoe to get a new tip on the stylus ...this is a super techy question, right ...
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. This may be a moot question.. But do you know the name brand and model of your stylus?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Belkin
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is there a model number for a stylus??? aw come on ...I'm ready to try coconut oil
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Theres model names, and sometimes model numbers. For instance, this is belkins "stylus for tablet" ( great name ) http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=577634 Im assuming you already have the old tip removed yes? Normally I just press the tip down into the replacement tip, against a hard surface like a table.. But im assuming youve tried similar steps and it hasnt helped?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
you don't need to connect to my pc for a stupid stylus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Thats not Me sending that request, the automated system clearly thinks I can update your stylus or remove viruses.. Please ignore any other request you may see similar to that.. again, what happens if you put the tip on a table, and try to press the stylus dont into the tip? Also, im assuming your stylus has a small peg that goes inside the tip.. There really isnt any documentation on stlyus tip shapes and designs.. So Im going off of what Ive used before.. D.S
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
actually I found a larger tip in my drawer - tried your suggestion when i put the metal ring back on ... so ok, i have a tip albeit a much shorter one then the prior on but .... if it ain't broke don't fix it
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
I suppose thats the best outcome possible.. Ive snapped styluses in half before accidentally trying to get the tips to go on.. My assumption is, they rather you buy a new stylus then replace just the tips~ Either way, glad to hear you got it working.. if theres anything else of a more technical nature I can help you with, let me know. D.S
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks for your "support"