Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

Just bout Sony bluetooth SRS-BTX 300 speakers cannot connect/sync

Customer Question

Just bout Sony bluetooth SRS-BTX 300 speakers cannot connect/sync the device to my apple mac
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It is not detecting the device at all tried to sync it via system preferences hasn't worked.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer Hardware
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just bought Sony bluetooth SRS-BTX 300 speakers cannot connect/sync the device to my apple mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The Sony speakers might be defective from the vendor or store. But first, some checks:1. is Bluetooth communication enabled on your Apple computer? it has to be, first of all. Pairing must be allowed, at minimum.2. is the Bluetooth Standby switch on the base of the speakers set to Off? I think it should be when pairing for the first time.3. when you press and hold the Pairing button the the speakers' controls, do you get a flashing light? if not, check the power to the speakers, which is necessary. After which, if all of the above are OK, and if the speakers are next to the computer, you may have defective speakers. Return them to the store at once, for an exchange for another set of speakers of equal or similar capability.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank You
If you are done with the question and the case, please rate my answer. Thanks.