Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I cannot gain access to my desktop after restarting my Lenovo

Customer Question

I cannot gain access to my desktop after restarting my Lenovo Edge 15 it keeps booting up with Phoenix securecore tech which gives me a few drive options (none of which go past a black screen) and an app service like option that allows me to edit settings before saving and rebooting my laptop again through this never ending loop. (Save settings reboot) I have tried to enter safe mode with the f8 key and f2 key options but the Lenovo logo is the first thing to pop on screen (if only for a few seconds) is there anything I can do to fix this?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Hi Alex, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.In the Phoenix screen, do you see your Hard Disk Drive (HDD) listed as the first boot device?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hi Jess.
The first thing listed is the Windows boot thing, sorry I can't be more specific but I am currently testing a possible solution. The solution in question actually came from the Lonovo forums and it suggested that I just wait for the battery to "die" and try to reset the BIOS that way since the battery itself is not removable. I'm not sure if it worked yet since I have to wait for the LED to stop flashing upon reboot ...
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Hi Alex,Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about your situation. Can you take a picture of that Phoenix screen and attach it here so that I can see it? If you are in the Phoenix screen, then I believe you will be able to access the BIOS, press F12 or F10 to load defauts and then exit.Keep me posted with your results so that I can assist you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I unfortunately cannot take pictures since I am currently on an old Acer tablet which does not have any means of taking pictures. I will update you on the status (if Phoenix screen re-appears upon reboot or not) when I do have the chance to turn it back on, (still waiting on led).
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Ok Alex.... Please take your time. I will standby here...
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have tried both f10 and f12 for the app setup part and it does not change anything I still cannot get past the boot menu/app menu screen
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Can you take a picture of that Boot Menu/App Menu and attach it here when you reply? Or you can upload it at http://filesXpress.com and then give me the short download link.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK
HTTP://s21.posting.org/dfvev6j8n/hni_0050_mpo.jpeg
HTTP://s15.posting.org/tmwf4ao8b/HNI_0051_mpo.JPEG
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hopefully these work..
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Resolved with help from Lenovo support laptop has to be sent to repair center