Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

I have a Lenovo touch screen. I don't know what I did but

Customer Question

i have a Lenovo touch screen. I don't know what I did but the screen is really dim and the light control doesn't make it brigher
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: display drivers are current. Display controls done brighten the screen. rebooted and still have an issue.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no.. I was just looking online to see how to fix it and found your link
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Try these steps please>Go to Device ManagerSelect Display adapters and scroll downRight click on Inter(R) HD Graphics4000 and select Properties optionGo to tab Drivers in the pop up windowPush the Rollback Driver button (If Rollback Driver is greyed out which means no earlier versions were installed)Wait until it is done. Your system should recover the brightness and the increase/decrease functions in the keyboard.If the previous step does not resolve the issue, please upgrade Intel Video Driver to the latest.Windows 7 Intel Video Driver: Download hereWindows 8.1 Intel Video Driver: Download hereCheck to see if brightness controls have been restored using the brightness keys.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was able to fix it last night. Thanks for getting back to me though.
Thats great!