Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.

Syba sd-PEX50055 is not detected in windows 7 x64, unable to

Customer Question

Syba sd-PEX50055 is not detected in windows 7 x64, unable to install drivers for the SATA controller or the usb 3.0 slots
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. I believe you have already installed the expansion card in your computer. Are you saying that when you boot the computer, nothing is happening? Windows did not detect the expansion card?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
boots to windows 7, device is detected in device manager but cannot install USB 3.0 drivers or SATA controller
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Enabling RAID in the BIOS doesnt help, neither does editing the registry settings for AHCI
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
I am very sorry about your issues. Have you tried installing the expansion card in a different slot?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the expansion slot must be installed in a 2.0 compliant PCI to ensure 6 gbit throughput via devices
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
But have you tried to install it in a different slot to see if the installation completes without error?Also, did you install the drivers from the CD that came with the expansion card?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I installed the drivers I coded while sitting on a saguaro cactus whacked out of my mind on mescaline...of course I used the included drivers. As for installing the card in another PCI slot and trying the, because I didnt buy a 3.0 USB card to hobble it down to 2.0 data rates
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Ok. I am out of ideas. I will opt out now so that my colleagues can assist you further. You will be notified when someone joins you here.Thank you.Jess
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 6 months ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied. Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.RegardsJins
Expert:  SladeV replied 6 months ago.
My name is***** will help you too the best of my ability. Do you know which, versions of the drivers you got?