Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I have a Lenovo 8153 D1U Thinkcenter with a Pentium 4 processor,

Customer Question

I have a Lenovo 8153 D1U Thinkcenter with a Pentium 4 processor, 3GB Ram, and a 480 GB Solid State Hard Drive. It operates beautifully with one exception.
I installed a CSR 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter and everything loaded correctly. The Device Manager says it is "working properly" and the latest driver is installed.
Problem: It will not see any Bluetooth enabled device when I do a "ADD DEVICE" command. I have tried every configuration recommend and then some to no avail.
I don't believe this vintage of Levono Desktop has Bluetooth Enabled technology on board.
I don't see any "Energy Management" installed either. My guess is that the Bluetooth dongle that I installed in the USB port does not have the ability to emit a radio signal.
Can I get this Lenovo 8153 configured to do what I want it to do.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.Is this what you're using? (see attachment)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes and no. My CSR 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter is square and not rounded in shape. The CSR 4.0 is stamped on the top instead of the front. My dongle does emit a blinking blue light once it is inserted into the USB port. I purchased it through Amazon.
Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.
Ok. So it's this guy? (see attachment)Those USB bluetooth dongles are designed for computers that don't have it built in.It should work.What are you trying to pair it with?The other device has to be in pairing mode when the dongle is searching for it.Just because a device is bluethooth enabled doesn't necessarily mean it's discoverable.