Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience installing networks for small and large companies. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.

Quark will not print. Error message says "Cannot open the printer

Customer Question

Quark will not print. Error message says "Cannot open the printer. (63)."
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.Please check if this is a printer problem or a Quark problem. Open a Word or PDF document and print it. Let me know if it printed.Thanks,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Type your reply here. Thanks!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
I am still here, waiting for your reply, but it looks like you are replying to another question page. Please reply here, on this question page.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The printer works in everything but Quark. It's a Quark problem.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the information!I can help you with the issue you described; however, since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I suggest we establish a secure remote session so that I can see the problem myself and help you directly.Let me if you would like that.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is that an extra charge -- $26? I would prefer not to pay any more.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
This will be a free remote assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If it's free, that's fine. What do we have to do next?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Here are the instructions on how to connect with me:Please click on the link below to download a secure remote assistance program. a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
We are connected.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
After many attempts to solve the problem, Quark is still unable to detect a printer. I have tried:- setting another printer as default- creating a new virtual printer- restarting the printer spooler- loading the default settings for Quark- re-installing Quark I am out of further ideas, so I will opt-out and allow other Experts to take a look at this problem.You will be notified when you receive a response.Regards,IT Miro
Expert:  Robert M. replied 6 months ago.
what operating system is it ?is it a mac or a windows pc ? Are you using a postscript printer ?