Tim, Sr. Engineer.
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer

I have several Iomega external hard-drives. The one

Customer Question

I have several Iomega external hard-drives. The one connected to a Dell laptop seems to have become unrecognizable. The hard drive was tested with two desktop pc's, and was unrecognizable in both instances. I even changed the interface cable with no luck. Do you have any ideas of further tests that I can do to determine the disk-drive's viability? Thanks, ***** *****......
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

Larry, if the drive is not being recognized by multiple devices, it's almost surely dead. There are no tools to run on it unless it was being mounted. There are a few other places we could, or I could look for you, but i doubt its going to show up. This is probably a loss, or if there is really important stuff on it, you could send it to a data recovery shop, will run you 1-2k to have them try and recover it.