michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Science(Hons)

I have a HP Probooks 4440s. I need to replace the upper

Customer Question

I have a HP Probooks 4440s. I need to replace the upper cover. The finger pad doesn't work all the time. I have the cover. I need directions to take it apart.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  michelleclive replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

please confirm do you wish to replace the upper case of the laptop

since the part is not a customer replacable part so hp des not list the same in its manual
however i am listing a link below that has the laptop disassembly listed with pictures
you can scroll down on the page once its open to the section where you have pictures of the upper case being removed and accordingly disassemble the unit

click here for the steps

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. If you are unable to follow the steps i gave feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what is the ODD and the KB mod

odd is the cd drive

kb is the keyboard module

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I put it back together. The screen has no light. The fan is running fast. I have I done wrong?

it seems that either the lcd cable might have not been connected properly or the ram modules are not seated correctly in place

please reopen and ensure all cables are connected and all are securely connected