Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years repairing and installing computers. Comp TIA+ Certified

Needing repairs Monitor. Model LS26, 26" Computer Monitor. I

Customer Question

Needing repairs for Samsung Monitor. Model LS26, 26" Computer Monitor. I believe the problem to be in the Video Board. At startup the Samsung logo will appear for a second or two. If I push the auto button with no video input the system will cycle through the input selection but will not show a screen on any input. If I manually try to select an input it will show video for a second or two then go blank. There is a possibility that the backlight is starting and then stopping in which case it probably could not be repaired practically. I probably has 3 years of use but when it quit it still had a good quality picture.
Ted Blankenship
Community Press Inc
Chillicothe, Missouri
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Either the back light has failed or the driver board is defective. The driver board may be easier to replace, but with monitors being the prices they are, you may want to consider replacing it before repairing it. You can find what may be a replacement at this LINK.