Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years experience computer hardware and software
8287049

I have a Dell Vostro 400 and I believe the NVIDIA P413

Customer Question

I have a Dell Vostro 400 and I believe the NVIDIA P413 graphics card is bad. Is it worth replacing, and if so what is a good replacement?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The screen started flashing and the display is totally garbled. I swapped monitors and outputs with similar results. The computer boots and and shuts down ok.
JA: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Computer Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Computer Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Computer Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the question. Before you replace the card, have you tried re-seating it? Often times just taking the video card out and putting it back in will do the trick. If it really is the card, the replacement is anywhere between $9.99 and $20 depending on where you get the card from. If that card was suitable for you and you don't have requirements for a better video card, I'd suggest sticking with the same model. If you have any questions I'll be here to answer, just let me know. Thanks again!

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!