Mr.Med, computer hardware
Experience:  if you have any problem with computer hardware, please contact me

The spell check isn't working on my Logitech keyboard case

Customer Question

The spell check isn't working on my Logitech keyboard case with my samsung tablet
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.

Hello Kathrin and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, what is the model of your samsung tablet ?

Can you try the steps below please :

1. Switch on your Android smartphone by pressing the power button.
  2. Tap the menu icon to display the apps list.
  3. From the available list, tap the Settings icon.
  4. On the Settings window, tap the Language & input option.
  5. Once the Language & input interface comes up, check the Spell checker checkbox from the Language section to turn on the auto correct option on your device.
  6. Finally start typing something in any text editor app or the new SMS interface to check if the modifications have been successfully made.

Let me know the results

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.

are you there please?has everything worked out?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is the Samsung Galaxy TW805. I did everything you suggested, but auto correct or spelling is still not working. It works if I use the tablet without the Logitech keyboard, just with the samsung keyboard on the tablet, but not with Logitech.Kathrin
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your reply,

What is the "type" of your keyboard, It is a bleutooth keyboard please?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.

If yes please follow these steps :

1-First downlaod and installe the Google Keyboard App.

2-When you will connect your bluetooth keyboard to your Samsung tablet, and your default is the Google Keyboard you may be told by the system that you have to use the Samsung Keyboard. It may even force this as the default.

Do not fear this is not the case.

3-After connecting your bluetooth keyboard go into Settings > Language and Input From here tap on 'Default', a pop-up will appear with the various keyboards you have installed.

4-set the default keyboard back to 'Google Keyboard' - though you will see your bluetooth keyboard listed, do not worry, it will still work.

5-The Google Keyboard App will now appear, with that all important auto-correct in plain view.

As you type on your bluetooth keyboard the auto-correct will work as before. You can tap on the option you want to use to correct a spelling, or if you have a mouse connected, then you can click on it.

Let me know if you need further help please

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.

has everything worked out please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks after I downloaded and app it worked.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.

I"m glad to know that, and you are very welcome, My goal is to provide you with excellent service today

If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below, positive ratings are appreciated.

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.

please rate my answer so I can get credit for my time. Tips and bonus are appreciated.

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.