Mr.Med
Mr.Med, computer hardware
Experience:  if you have any problem with computer hardware, please contact me
76221641

I hv a Drobo5N DASD array of 9 terabytes. No data on drives

Customer Question

I hv a Drobo5N DASD array of 9 terabytes. No data on drives now - I deleted. But for about 2 months now the drive can not be found on any of the 3 computers and I have tried ever KB or Drobo suggestion and no luck at all. These are standard procedures I told to use. Anyway - I give up...do you have any ideas or suggestions towards this resolution.
Adolfo
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Please follow the steps below and let me know the results :

1-If you have a USB3 port or/and Thunderbolt the Drobo Dashboard must be installed.

2-Make sure your data cable (USB, Thunderbolt, FireWire, eSATA or iSCSI) is properly and firmly connected on both ends. Try a different cable.

3-Try connecting to a different data port on your computer.

·If connected to a USB hub, power down Drobo and directly attach the Drobo to a data port on your computer.

·If using daisy chain configuration on Thunderbolt or Firewire, power down the Drobo remove daisy chain and try again.

Now Reboot Drobo and the Computer as follows:

1.ProperlyShutdown the Drobo (because you don't have access to Drobo Dashboard).

2.Reconnect the power cord.

3.Restart your computer.

4.When the reboot is complete, reconnect the data cable to Drobo*.

5.Launch Drobo Dashboard, wait for dashboard discovery.

If you need further help please reply back to me

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I had these instructs twice from Drobo no luck then and I did it again and no luck now.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

What is your the version ofyour windows os ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Windows 10 - above did not work.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

Ok, Please connect Drobo5N drive and right-click on windows logo and type disk partition in the search box, In the Disk Management screen check if your drive is there.

let me know the results

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Drobo DashBoard=2.7.1 Drive BIOS
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
not there
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

Did you install the Drobo Dashboard, do you see your Drobo5N drive on that Dashboard, also did you tried another cable?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I replaced Ethernet cable with a brand new one. DB still cannot find it and gives up after five minutes and tells me so...
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

I fear I am not making progress with this case, Please try contacting Dropo Customer support with the following information :

·Be sure you have registered your Drobo product.

·Have the status of your device's lights.

·Does the Drobo Dashboard recognize Drobo

·Note any error messages.

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Drive is registered
all lights are normal
DB does NOT find it.thanks fro trying anyway...
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

If you have a moment, kindly rate my my service by clicking on one of the stars below, positive ratings are appreciated. only rate if you are satisfied, please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied.

thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.