Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I have an HP TouchSmart 15 laptop which uses MS 8.1. My

Customer Question

Hi, I have an HP TouchSmart 15 laptop which uses MS 8.1. My teenage grand kids come to visit and use my laptop for hours at a time. After they fly back home, I have to go through mt pc and laptop to remove stuff including some porn. Through the help of another JA computer expert I was taught how to use *JPG, *MPG, and *AVL on the search bar on the C drive to find and remove any unwanted stuff. It works pretty well except that I have follow up questions. Here goes: On the search screen after I have completed a *JPG search there are many images a lot of which I have no idea where they come from and a lot of stuff that is not porn or in any way negative, its just wierd designs, patterns and such. Many of those I discovered are no problem removing. Other things like what appears a lot is a little blue icon with what looks like a sun i,age and a mountain top under it always with some title underneath like Resolve Tile App ChartV2TJNDTVR as one example. Others have the same little blue icon but words like img104 and img105, and SoftBlue, and pretty peacock and BBiGuSZ(2), and Welcome Scan. I was able to remove many of these little icons but there are about 24 all in a row that I tried to delete but the message says I need Administrator approval to remove and yet I am the Administrator. I checked as best as I know through the security protocol pc apps and saw that my name was listed as Admin yet I cannot delete. The message pops up and says "File Access Denied"-You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file. Can you help me regain control of all images which show up as *JPG's? Thanks
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  michelleclive replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

There is a possibility that the files might be associated with some program that might have been downloaded or may be running in the background due to which its not letting you delete them

There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution

if you Would like me to remote connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.

Let me know which service would you prefer.

if you could send me a screenshot that would be helpful

open the search box that has the jpgs listed that you are unable to delete and press the prtsc on the keyboard

open mspaint and press ctrl and v keys together to paste the screenshot

save the file and attch it in this chat by using the paper clip icon

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi, since I did not hear back from you, I decided to sign in again using my laptop. Are you still available? Thanks

yes i am online...i posted my responses to your question

i will post it again below

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

so you are unable to delete the ones with the blue icons of a house and sun..like garden ,green bubbles etc

please confirm

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes, I cannot delete these icons

got it these seem to be part of the internet cache and some of windows

in the search box type %temp%

it will open the temp files folder

select all the contents of that folder and press shift and delete keys together on the keyboard to delete them

once done try a search of jpg files and let me know if these files still show or they are gone

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Let me give it a try and I'll be back.

sure take your time

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I have a meeting in about 40 minutes I have to get ready for. So, can I get your next response and reconnect when I get back in a couple hours? Thanks

yes sure..i will be online for few hours now

if not dont worry just post your reply and i will be notified and will reply back to you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

if you check the box that says do this for all items and click continue what happens

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I get the same message as before, you need administrator permission to take the action (delete).

you can download and run ccleaner software from below link

it should be able to remove all unwanted junk files from the computer

ccleaner download link: click here

download and open\run the file to install

once cleaner window opens click on analyze and then clean