Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Networking, hardware, software, various OS's, Email Web and domain hosting, DNS
63493917

I'm using a qireless keyboard and mouse with my MS Surface

Customer Question

I'm using a qireless keyboard and mouse with my MS Surface Pro 3. THe connection is very erratic and often does not work. Any suggestions?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Well, we have 2 devices and only 1 of them is causing the issue. Or atleast this is what we should assume here.

.

So, have you been able to get another wireless keyboard you can try to see if the problem remains?

This would say that there is something for sure NOT wrong with the keyboards.

You can eliminate them as the problem, and move to something else.

However, if the problem goes away when you use a different wireless keyboard, then it would be safe to say that it is just that particular keyboard that is acting up, and just needs to be replaced.

IN the IT industry we swap out components for what we call KNOWN GOOD. Which simply means that we KNOW the components we swap into the equation are KNOWN GOOD, and will work.

By swapping in a KNOWN GOOD keyboard (just a different keyboard, one you KNOW that works) you can safely eliminate or include the original keyboard as the culprit.

.

Make Sense?