michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Science(Hons)
26798893

I have a computer with a 500 gb hard drive with Windows xp.

Customer Question

I have a computer with a 500 gb hard drive with Windows xp. I have Windows 7 with Windows xp mode (program) installed on a 128 gb SSD. I do believe most of the programs I have are Windows 7 compatible. Should I be able to use the*****as c: and the*****as d:?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  michelleclive replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

you have windows xp and windows 7 as a dual boot computer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can I do this?

if you have 2 operating system dual boot on the 500 gb disk you cannot use it as a drive you will have to build the ssd drive as c: drive and install windows either xp or windows 7 whichever you want.

Let me know if you need more info.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I guess I did not phrase the question properly. I would like to start using Windows 7 which I have on a SSD (128gb). Would it be possible to connect the SSD as drive c and connect the*****as drive d as a "data" disk and install the programs back on drive d via the new O.S. which would be windows 7?

yes you can connect the ssd drive as a primary c drive and you will have to make the 500gb hdd to slave drive as d: drive.

Let me know when you are online i will give you more info.