Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Repairing computers for over 15 years
32989067

Recently had an accident transporting my Acer Aspire 5600U

Recently had an accident transporting my Acer Aspire 5600U 23" all-in-one desktop. A piece of equipment fell on the glass touchscreen and chipped the glass in 2 areas (top and side) and produced a 4 inch crack in the glass. So I need to replace the cracked digitizer touchscreen glass. What are my replacement options. Where would I get the parts and at what cost. Is there an Acer warrantied repair place I could send the unit for a flat-rate repair? I'm in area code 33701 and know an excellent electronics person who does warrantee service on several major brands of electronics but he would need the touch-glass.

Hi there and welcome

The two parts you need are as follows

6M.SL0D1.001LCD PANEL.23".WFHD.NGL

6M.SMLD1.001LCD PANEL.23".WFHD.NGL

Once is the screen and one is the digitizer.

They are quite expensive unfortunatly, but you can get the screen here

https://www.eafsupplychain.com/Product/AC-6M_DOT_SL0D1_DOT_001

And the digitzer no one is selling.

Your best to purchase directly from Acer, as it should be combined $600 and you can order it by calling 1(###) ###-####9-5 EST

With someone able to install it, this will save you a lot of money

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RE: Recently had an accident transporting my Acer Aspire 5600U 23" all-in-one desktop. A piece of equipment fell on the glass touchscreen and chipped the glass in 2 areas (top and side) and produced a 4 inch crack in the glass. So I need to replace the cracked digitizer touchscreen glass. What are my replacement options.
Richard's RESPONSE: The two parts you need are as follows
6M.SL0D1.001LCD PANEL.23".WFHD.NGL
6M.SMLD1.001LCD PANEL.23".WFHD.NGL
Once is the screen and one is the digitizer. They are quite expensive unfortunatly, but you can get the screen here
And the digitzer no one is selling.
QUESTION: I have two unused Acer T232LH monitors which appear IDENITCAL to the Acer Aspire 5600U all-in-one (but of course are not computers) do they use the very same screen and digitizer glass (which you say is not available). A new T232LH unit can still be purchased for about $350 (I think the model is discontinued) and if the screen and digitizer where interchangeable it could be a way to get the digitizer and a cost effective method of getting the parts to fix my 5600U unit????

It cannot be verified as it has never been done, but did you call the number I gave?