Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

We want to reup our magicjack and it is telling us the

Customer Question

We want to reup our magicjack and it is telling us the server is down. All our other internet connection work fine- so it is their server. I have tried since Sunday and gotten the same message- what is wrong with Magic Jack//
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would be undiplomatic if I told you exactly what is wrong with MagicJack, but I think I may say it isn't the most prestigious service, for quality, in the world.

I advise you, if you want to renew your MagicJack service, to call their billing department. There you will get in touch with a live person, perhaps, and they will accept your money, of course.

But before you do that: how are you trying to renew? And do you have MagicJack (regular) or MagicJack Plus ? and, where is the MagicJack dongle or physical module, actually plugged in, the router or your computer?

If your computer, try a different USB port, though I doubt that will help much.

And please tell me what the full and exact text of the error message is, when you try to renew. Thanks.