Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

How do i get instructions on connecting my panasonic

Customer Question

How do i get instructions on connecting my panasonic BL-VP104W HD with my MAC computer.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Strictly speaking, why that promise was never fulfilled is faintly understandable: It appears there *is* no way to directly connect the camera to a MAC computer.

The camera is, first, designed for a WiFi connection. And it is meant to connect to a router box, not a computer.

Second, though the video from this camera is of good quality, it can only be viewed by a PC-type computer through special software, not included with it.

You could try connecting directly to it as a WiFi device. But that a network connection would exist, would not mean you could view the camera's streaming video. That would require some sort of network camera viewing software. NetCamViewer, or IP Camera Viewer, software can do that but is designed only for PC, not for Apple computer.

The only network camera viewer software for Apple/Mac computer that I can find offhand is this:

http://download.cnet.com/IP-Camera-Recorder/3000-13633_4-75946138.html

But, if the direct connection of the MAC computer to the BL-series IP camera is not possible, it would be because it is supposed to connect through a router (infrastructure mode WiFi) rather than directly (ad-hoc mode WiFi) - and the camera may only be capable of the first and not the second.

So try using the IP Camera Recorder software on your Mac computer, and connect the camera to your local router, and that might well work; it is the likeliest setup to work.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This we were told by Panasonic. I am looking for the step by step for the hook up to my router.

Press the WPS button on the camera, once it is powered On, while within range of the router. That's about it for WPS (or, automatic) setup.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Don't I need a command prompt.

No. WPS is supposed to work by itself, configuring the camera's WiFi connection to the nearest WiFi router.