Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I use the trittonsee2xtremeuv200 to add a screen to my asus

Customer Question

I use the trittonsee2xtremeuv200 to add a screen to my asus laptop which I use to monitor charts. occasionally the charts will freeze. In order to get it running again I need to unplug the tritton from my computer and replug it in at which time it will continue working for awhile. What shouldI do? Mark
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The exact answer to your problem depends upon what 'charts' they are, that you display through the Tritton SEE2 Xtreme.

But the having to re-plug the Tritton SEE2 suggests that it needs resetting. Either the software displaying the charts (dubiously), or the computer's USB port (doubtfully), or most likely the Tritton SEE2, is causing this problem.

Try a different USB port, obviously. Preferably the one on the computer physically farthest away from the one you were previously using.

If that doesn't help, then you may need to get a new Tritton SEE2. (If it is still within warranty, Tritton might replace or fix it for you, for free, in that case.)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I look at financial charts

Good. The financial charts are normally displayed in what program ? MS Excel ?

Have you tried various USB ports (at least 2 others I hope) yet?