Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

Attempted to upgrade my acer e5-521-23kh ddr3 from 4g to 16g

Customer Question

attempted to upgrade my acer e5-521-23kh ddr3 from 4g to 16g after putting it together when starting up it said detecting problems and attempting to make repairs display stopped working. now will turn on with no display blue light comes on by power indicater hard drive light does not come on. took it to computer repair place all cables were good could access hard drive when they removed it to another computer and put old ddr3 chip back in but still will not work they could not figure it out. bought PNY ddr3 chips that are compatible with everything according to best buy. can you help?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Larry. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today. I'm sorry to hear that the upgrade didn't turn out well. I have experienced this a time or two myself.

I haven't taken apart an Aspire E-15 specifically, but with any laptop, upgrading hardware is a tedious process.

Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

You said the display doesn't work. Does it stay completely off or does it brighten-up but stay black? What I'm trying to find out is if any power goes to the monitor at all.