Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Since the Tandy II Ive been utilizing and repairing hardware components. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Lenovo thinkpad laptop camera stopped being recognized in

Customer Question

lenovo thinkpad laptop camera stopped being recognized in zoom.us or skype or google hangout. It was working yesterday. drivers seem to be up to date. Not sure what to try next.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is***** will be my pleasure to assist you with this. Can you tell me what you see in Device Manager under imaging devices?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Is there by chance a yellow exclamation mark or any other indication that there is a problem with the camera? Also, is this the camera that is built-in to the Lenovo Thinkpad or are you using an external camera connected via usb?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a built in but my employee has left her work station with the computer so i'll have to try tomorrow. thanks for getting back to me
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome. I look forward to assisting you tomorrow!

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

It seems the previous expert has opted out. A simple fix to this problem would be a system restore. Since the issue just started. A system restore will not erase your documents, programs or files.

Heres how to carry it out.

Click start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore..

Click, restore my computer to an earlier point, then click next..

We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issues started..

Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the issue or not..

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.