Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I downloaded windows 10 updates. Now the computer says there

Customer Question

I downloaded windows 10 updates. Now the computer says there is no speaker. Do you think installing a driver will fix this. The speaker has worked well with other desk top computers and with this one since I had it. I think, one time, I had to take a chance with a driver I didn't know the provider. Please be simple in your answer.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you are still there and want to help me, let's proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's night where I am. How are you holding up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please email me, about how we can finish getting my speakers going.***@******.***

After you click the "Accept this offer" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been persuaded to talk to another expert instead of simply asking for a refund. I anybody there?

You have been persuaded to talk to another expert? I am confused.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer was: I think I can fix the problem, pay another $45 dollars and you can watch while I try to fix it. I don't have the money. so I decided to just get a refund and fiddle around or try something else.

Okay. I offered that as an option.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

when you say you downloaded windows 10 updates

does that mean the speakers stopped working when you switched from windows 7 or 8 to 10

OR

does it mean that they worked under windows 10 but they stopped working after one of the many microsoft updates?