Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I have Magic Plus, Windows 8.1 and a Uverse modem. I am

Customer Question

I have Magic Jack Plus, Windows 8.1 and a Uverse modem. I am having issues with set up and customer service at MJ is lousy.
When I plug the MJ into the power adaptor, connect the ethernet cable to the MJ and Uverse modem, and connect MJ to the phone via the phone cable, I get an error message when I pick up the phone (Error 1200). I also lose internet connection.
There is some suggestion in chat forums, that I need to change the IP address and turn off firewall. What do you suggest?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Gary Jensen replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I also have a MagicJack Plus. The initial setup takes a little more effort, but then, at least for me, it has been smooth sailing! I have a couple of questions so that we can work together on this.

• Do you know your MagicJack username and password (I don't want it, just want to make sure you can log in to their site via your computer)?
  • Is this a new purchase of the MagicJack Plus, or has something in the configuration of your computer or network changed?

Once you answer these questions, I can guide you more efficiently.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Gary

Hello, this is Gary from JustAnswer. Just checking in to see if you still need my assistance. I look forward to hearing from you.