Joe-S
Joe-S, Systems Specialist
Experience:  Systems Administrator at Fortune 50 Company
68269981

My Brothr 2270DW printer does not print pages as it should.

Customer Question

my Brothr 2270DW printer does not print pages as it should. The print easily comes off if rubbed. Some pages more, some less. There might come 10 pages ok, and than one messy. I changed the cartridge and the DR 420. It didnt help. Should I buy new printer? What could be wrong? Thank you.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today. What you're explaining sounds like a fuser problem. What the fuser does is actually bake the toner onto the paper after the sheet runs through the cartridge. The fuser is supposed to get really hot to perform this step. What it sounds like is the fuser is either not getting hot enough. or is not staying hot after printing a few pages.

Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.

Have you noticed if this happens on the first page or after a few in a row? or is it entirely random?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Joe. It was not a fuser. I found the problem. It was much easier I thought. It was actually a paper settings in printing options. I had to change from plain paper to labels. Now it prints a little slower but seems like it's now ok. I was printing shipping labels. Will see after I will print 100 labels. If I will still experience the problem, I will come back. Thank you anyway.

Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.

Glad you found it. I was going to ask you next if you had tried other paper types or checked the settings on the printer. Feel free to come back if you need any other assistance.