Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

How can I get a recovery disk Asus desktop as my flash drive

Customer Question

How can I get a recovery disk for a Asus desktop as my flash drive became corrupted and its asking for media that i don't have?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

This site claims to offer Recovery Discs for Asus computers... it ought to, being an Asus company website:

https://serviceshop.asus.com/

I hope this is the info you need. If not, let me know and I'll offer further advice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did u even check out this site, I cant even get into the site as the first thing it asked me was to enter my country and langwich from a list, well the USA and enenglish were not even on the list.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Try entering the UK option, then, I guess it's a European site.

It was 'advertised' as allowing purchase of Recovery Discs for Asus computers. I confess I did not check out all aspects of it, and now that I have, Recovery Disc sale is not one of the options.

Given that you are in the US, the UK discs might do since they are in English - or they might not. Or they might not ship them to US at all.

To make sure that, in that event, you have a USA alternative option, here's this link... I hope it may do as an alternative or as the main course to pursue:

http://us.estore.asus.com/products/15g356418200-15g3563961u0

Let me know if neither of those options will serve for whatever reason.