Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

My vupoint pdswf-st48pu is connected to my lenovo thinkpad

Customer Question

My vupoint pdswf-st48pu is connected to my lenovo thinkpad with USB cable. It detects the scanner but wont stay powered on.
Category: Computer Hardware
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SCAN direct was just loaded on this PC
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is it the thinkpad that won't stay powered On? if so, then it may have a damaged AC Adapter, or a worn-out battery also.

If it is the Vupoint that isn't staying powered On, then it may simply have a setting that allows it to time-out and power-down when timed-out, if unused for a sufficient period of time.

How old is the Vupoint in question? measured from its date of purchase.

Do you have another PC or computer to test the Vupoint on?

If the Vupoint scanner won't stay On, then (if it is not the kind that is powered only through the USB cable) try turning it On with no USB cable attached from it to any other device, and see if that relieves (or perfectly duplicates, perhaps) the condition.

Let me know, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell,
The problem seems to be with the viewpoint scanner. We used a world around for now.Thanks for the help.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome.

Thank you forconsulting JustAnswer.com. I hope your experience was such that you will return at another time to this site, to ask another question or questions should you have need.