Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computer Hardware. MCSE, MCP, ICCP - Asus, Acer, Dell, HP, Compaq, Sony, Alienware, Lenovo.
23511658

I have a Fujitsu fi5120 scanner. I used to access it from

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Fujitsu fi5120 scanner. I used to access it from VMWare Workstation virtual machine. It used to work fine when I had Windows 7 and Windows 8. But, after upgrading to Windows 10, my virtual machine does not recognize the scanner.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am not sure what more can I give you at this time.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can assist you with your question.

First, I will say that the limit of the compatibility testing on this product was with Windows 8. I checked out the compatibility specifications and although Fujitsu did certify you with Windows 8, they make no mention of Windows 10. That does not mean that it will not work – it just means that it may not work. That being said, you may need to install their software on Windows 10 to get it to work. Fujitsu scanners are a little bit different for many other scanners that use standard WIA or ISIS drivers (That's not a type... ISIS drivers, legacy universal scanner drivers - were here a long time before the terror group). But they do have software called Skanska which should make their scanner work on any version of Windows. Here is the download page for their drivers and software. I would suggest downloading and installing this to see if it makes a difference. As I mentioned, they do not offer the statement about compatibility with Windows 10 in their specs, but it's worth giving this a try. I do not have a scanner with which I can test it for you were I would.

http://bitli.es/eoqOhA

What I would try first is the TWAIN driver on the top which is version V9.21.1307 And the ISIS Driver V1.2.11105.26001c - Will you of those, it should work and you should not require the software, but only testing it will tell for sure. Let me know how you make out and we can go from there.