Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Repairing computers for over 15 years
32989067

I want to get a new hardrive desktop. Nothing special, I

Customer Question

I want to get a new hardrive for my desktop. Nothing special, I have an external one for storage. Its just that the one I have is partitioned and dual-boot and it's glitchy because of that. How do I find out what hardrive will be comparable with my hardware?
Maybe I should just take it to a shop.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Whats the make and model of the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

to be honest, I don't know. I'm not sure how to find out, and i think some of the hardware may not match exactly what you would expect, as i bought it refurbished from a local computer shop.

Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Ok, then its going to be Sata, so any Sata drive up to 1TB will safely work in the computer.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you