Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I just switched monitors from an acer to an aoc using a

Customer Question

Customer: I just switched monitors from an acer to an aoc using a div-d cable a nd all I get is no signal on the aoc monitor. I have no books on the aoc.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just diconnected
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer Hardware
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fixed the problem, just had to reboot
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I feel that you deserve some sort of response to your question, despite it having been solved already.

With any new piece of equipment, there is always some uncertainty as to whether it is actually fully working. In this case, you might still have a slightly 'flakey' or unreliable monitor. I would advise you to watch it in the next few days for any other signs of reluctance to operate properly, etc. If it continues to be troublesome, return it as defective, of course, or return it for an exchange for another (fully working) monitor of the same type or equivalent capability.