Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience installing networks for small and large companies. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
23372949

I have NaturallySpeaking 12.0 on my computer a laptop

Customer Question

I have NaturallySpeaking 12.0 on my computer a laptop Lenovo. I was using a Bluetooth headset to dictate to the computer but for some reason I can no longer open the profile using the Bluetooth headset. I can however dictate through a USB port microphone. I also know that the Bluetooth headset connects to my computer because I can use it for sound activity. I feel that the problem is with money software and would appreciate some assistance in getting my Bluetooth headset to operate again.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

the fact that you cant recover the profile tells me that there is an issue with the dragon program or you may have lost the rights to a folder or file that it needs to modify

Before we track that down lets see if we can fix it easily. if it was working correctly in the last week or so you can do a system restore to a time when it was working.

System restore instructions - windows 7 or 8 8.1

hold the windows logo key down and hit R
type rstrui.exe in the run box that comes up and hit enter

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

choose a date that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settngs box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.