Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My name is ***** *****. I have a Microsoft wireless multi

Customer Question

Customer: Hello Andy, My name is ***** *****. I have a Microsoft wireless multi media Keyboard 1.1 and right in the middle of typing an email it just quit. I changed the batteries that didn't help. I tried to connect the keyboard to my home computer and after reading your email about changing the batteries and hitting the reset button I am now typing on the keyboard as I write to you. However when I try and connect to my work computer it is not working again.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The keyboard is not allowing me to type on my work computer.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long do you think it will be? I really need the use of my computer.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10, etc.?

Does a USB wired keyboard work on the problematic computer?

Did you do this: To reconnect the keyboard or mouse to the receiver:

1. Press the button on the wireless USB keyboard receiver (that is connected to the computer.) The receiver light blinks to indicate that it is in “connect” mode.
2. Press the button on the bottom of the keyboard. The wireless device may not work for a few seconds until the reconnection process is completed.

If needed, unplug the USB receiver from the computer, then plug it to another USB port on the computer and try the above steps again.

If needed, please download / reinstall the IntelliType software at the Microsoft website below:

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wireless-multimedia-keyboard

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.