Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Networking, hardware, software, various OS's, Email Web and domain hosting, DNS
63493917

Logitech Keyboard MX 5500 does not work with Windows 10. It

Customer Question

Logitech Keyboard MX 5500 does not work with Windows 10. It worked before with Windows 7.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com

I have reviewed your question, and just want you to know, that I am working on an answer for you. In my searching for your answer, it may happen that I will need more information from you and I may reply back to you before giving an answer. Please check back often.

So, i went to eh LOGITECH support website, and i DID find a Windows10 driver FOR the MX5500, I assume you have downloaded and installed this?

The 32 bit installer is called:

SetPoint 6.67.83_32.exe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Qucksilver07070,Prior to contacting you I spent over two hours trying to solve the problem myself. I paid another company to update all my drivers. Logitech was not one of them. On my own I found the Logitech driver suggested in your answer. It did not work. I changed keyboard, and mouse with a brand new Logitech keyboard K800, and Logitech mouse M560. That did not work either. The problem was no different. In addition, I research the internet to find out who else may have had this problem. There was no useful information. After this I concluded it was not a Logitech problem, and contacted JusAnswer. I waited almost three days for a response to my question watching my email,***@******.*** . When I found no answer I phoned your center at(###) ###-#### ***** I was directed to this location on the web page. I would appreciate your help, if there is a solution, but Logitech driver is not the answer. My numeric keyboard does not work, as well as other features. My mouse does not pass from my primary monitor to my secondary monitor or back, when my second monitor is set for extended display. That happens with both Logitech keyboards, and mice, as stated. - If I had to guess it leaves either Windows 10, or the graphics display driver at fault. However, all drivers were updated for the latest for Windows 10.I will appreciate your answer if you find one.Regards,William J. Benedek (Ph:(###) ###-#### ***** Email:***@******.***

Please DO NOT put your personal information in this chat area.....THE WHOLE INTERNET CAN SEE IT!!!

.

Apart from my above warning, i fear you have found a BUG within Microsoft Windows 10.

There is NO CURE! YOu have tried EVERYTHING, and even had experts help you TRY TO FIX. ANd still you are stuck.

.

I suggest you ROLL BACK to previos windows (maybe Win8, or Win7) and ALSO report this issue to microsoft, so they can work on a fix, and release a patch.

.

My rule for NEW operating systems (such as WIn10) is to WAIT until atleast 1 year AFTER it was released, OR, until a SERVICE PACK has been issued. And so far, neither of these have been met. SO if you ask me.....WIndows 10 IS NOT READY FOR THE CONSUMER.
.

But that is my OPINION, and has served me VERY WELL for over 15 years, through MANY windows releases. I didnt move to WIndows 7, until 2 years after it released, as i was too afraid they didnt correctly develop it, and i satyed on WinXP for MANY MANY MANY years.

.

This is my professional, and personal opinion. DO with it what you will.

Cheers Mate!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Quiksilver07070,Thank you for your comments. Before this problem developed I was sucked into "upgrading" to Windows 10. When I found out it was a downgrade for the user, I reversed to Windows 7 Pro, which I had previously. When I reversed to Windows 7, I lost absolutely all programs, at least over 70+ programs. Even then, things did not work right. After that, for another software shortcoming, I went back to Windows 10, and installed some of the lost programs, such as, MS Office, Cyberlink, Adobe etc. Those seem to work, but I am not certain that all the features are working. I am totally disgusted with what happened. My computer is severely impaired.As the situation is, I am sorry Quksilver07070, I will have to ask for the refund of $38.00, because the problem was not solved. I want to thank you for your comments.Kind regards,William J. Benedek

Because of the upgrades and downgrades, i fear your system files are no longer reliable.

.

I suggest a CLEAN install, and a reinstall of all the programs you had.

.

I was NOT paid or awarded any funds for this Answer, however, you may have paid the JUSTANSWER.com Website, and you will have to request the refudn directly from them, as i am just an expert and i only work here.

.

Here is the number to call for refunds.

.

(###) ###-####/p>

Cheers Mate!