WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  IT Professional with over 15 years of computer hardware experience in repair and engineering
21171802

I have an Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop. It is equipped

Customer Question

I have an Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop. It is equipped with: AMD A8-7410 APU AMD Radeon R5 graphics 2.20 GHZ 8GB RAM 6.94 Usable Windows 10 64-bit, x64 based processor I want to upgrade this laptop to a gaming computer. However, I don't know what is
compatible with it. What hardware should I get to make my laptop a good game computer? I looking to make it a medium-end build. Strong performance is preferred over graphics. Thanks.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I will be glad to answer your questions.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Part of what makes a good gaming computer is the video card. It's the main tool used to display rich graphics and shadow effects.

Otherwise for your laptop, the first thing I would upgrade is the memory.

• 16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Other than that, the processor may be a bit tricky since it may be at the max already.

You do have a great video card already so the memory alone would be enough to help the games speed up.