Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience. Expert in various softwares and hardware devices.
50064670

I have an Asus Q502L notebook. There is an Aptio Setup

Customer Question

I have an Asus Q502L notebook. There is an Aptio Setup Utility version 2.17.1246 screen on and I can't exit out of it
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

1. Select the Boot menu in the Aptio setup utility, select 'Launch CSM' and change to enable
2. Select the Security menu n the Aptio setup utility, select 'secure Boot Control' and change to disable
3. Select Save & Exit and press 'yes'
4. Hold down the power button until the unit switches power off completely
5. Switch back on and continually press the F9 button for about ten seconds; this should now allow the unit to boot up into the Windows Recovery menu
6. Select 'Advanced Start Up' and wait until the recovery menu appears
7. Select ' Advanced Options'
8. Select 'System Restore' and select a date prior to when the problem occurred

If it not helps, remove the hard disk from the laptop and connect it on a desktop computer as slave disk (or use a usb to SATA external hard disk case to connect the hard disk to desktop or laptop via USB port) and scan the disk for errors and fix the disk errors. Then put the hard disk back on the laptop and check the result.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried steps 1-5 and it's back on Aptio Setup. Not sure how to remove hard disc from notebook
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I can't call you now. If you don't know how to take out the hard disk and do the repairs you should contact the nearest service center. But before it you can try some other fixes also. Please try the following:

Turn off laptop, remove main battery and disconnect laptop from AC power. Now hold the Power Off/On button for about 60 seconds. Now, put the battery back and power on. Check and let me know the result.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't have a remove able battery on this notebook or a place to insert or remove a disc. I enabled the second option that has to do with UEWI and did the same steps and I am on a black screen that is telling me to Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot devise and press a key?
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Okay, please try the following:

1. Hold down Ctrl and Home keys together.
2. hit power button.
3. keep holding Ctrl+Home until you see "EZ-Flash" start.
4. Let EZ-Flash run (will shut down automatically when finished running)

This will reset BIOS back to the factory installed. (It will not work if the real BIOS bin file is not in the hard disk root )

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when you say hard disk, is that the hard drive?
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, Hard Disk and Hard Drive are same.