Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Repairing computers for over 15 years
32989067

I have an acre t232hl touch screen. I tried to hook it to a

Customer Question

I have an acre t232hl touch screen. I tried to hook it to a surface 4 via a dock. Inadvertently adjusted to show on screen 2 only. Monitor says it's not supported. Surface is off since it thinks it's sending to screen 2. How do I go back to duplicate screens when I can't see to make the change?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

It should switch back to the surface screen once the monitor has been disconnected.

Can you unplug the external monitor.

Remove the charger from the Surface and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Surface.

Let me know if the screen then shows please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Surface came back up fine. When I reconnected the monitor the surface blanked out and monitor again showed same message - not supported.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

The issue is its not able to communicate with the monitor, it will be the touch screen element and the drivers it is trying to force on it.

If you wish to use an external monitor, you will have to use a standard one sorry, without the Touch interface.