Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience. Expert in various softwares and hardware devices.
50064670

How do I shut off power saving mode on the monitor?

Customer Question

Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Did you disabled 'Turn off monitor' setting from the power options ? If not please refer http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2843-power-plan-settings-change-windows-10-a.html and change the Turn off Display option to Never. If your display going off after it, please let me know the manufacturer and model details of your monitor.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned off all those power options in Windows 10. I typed that in my initial contact.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The monitor is a Lenovo L2262wA. It keeps switching to power save mode while playing a game and won't resume after pressing any keys. I end up having to restart the desktop.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Okay, when the screen going off, what is the color of power indicator on the screen ? White, Orange or OFF ? If you power OFF the monitor and power it ON again, do you getting the display back on screen ?

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the middle of game, the screen goes black and a small rectangle with the words POWER SAVING MODE appears moves around the screen then the screen goes black and won't come back on.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

I asked, what is the color of power indicator of the screen. White, Orange or the indicator is OFF ?

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes to orange.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Is it happen only during the game play or is it happen whenever the computer is idle for a long time ?

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just during game play.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Okay, which game is it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Planetbase. But I've had this happen in other games several different times. It's not the games.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Are you sure you have updated Graphics driver ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This isn't working. I'm going to go somewhere else. Goodbye
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Anyway, it is not a computer problem or screen problem. That's why it is not going to power save mode while normal idle state. I think some graphics driver related issue is the cause because of some bugs related with Windows 10.

Regards

Jins