Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Support
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

Here's a stupid one. My PC's 1.5 TB hard drive is

Customer Question

Here's a stupid one for you. My PC's 1.5 TB hard drive is partitioned in half. Drive C, 682 GB is full and Drive D, 682 GB is empty. Is there any way I can either remove the partition without formatting or can you suggest another way to fix this so as to use the second half?

Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Click on start type in disk management and press enter in the search box, the disk management window should open.

In that window right click on the empty partition and delete it, this should switch it to unallocated space.

Now right click on your first partition and click on extend volume. Follow the steps that come up to add the extra space to that partition.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I follow your instructions, is there ANY way I can loose the information on the partition I want to keep?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

No if you do it this way all that happens is anything on the D drive which you said is empty would be deleted. The only thing that will change in C would be the size.