Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Networking, hardware, software, various OS's, Email Web and domain hosting, DNS
63493917

I just bought a new HP 2in 1. reason the password i made is

Customer Question

I just bought a new HP 2in 1. For some reason the password ***** made is not right. I can't reset the password ***** "this feature requires a removable media such as a USB drive". I'm plugged in with a USB flash. My old 2in1 broke. Help
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

So, lets clarify....your OLD 2in1 is broken....and really has nuttin to do with the password ***** on the NEW 2in1. Unless they are supposed to have the SAME password. But, it depends on what type of account you are logging in with.

But anyways....the new 2in1 password ***** you made on it....is not right? Can you be more specific? Are you able to login to windows?

What is the OS? Win7, Win8, or Win10?

Also...reseting the password ***** that you FIRST make a recovery disc/drive...BEFORE you reset the password. Meaning...if you didnt already make the recovery drive.....then you CANT do it now. You must FIRST be able to login, and then you can create the recovery drive.

There are ways of reseting a windows password.....but its in-depth, and can easily be confusing.....and its difficult for a reason. If it was easy to reset/recover a password, then what good does a password *****?