Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Repairing computers for over 15 years
32989067

The clocks on all our workstations (there are 5 of us) are

Customer Question

The clocks on all our workstations (there are 5 of us) are always 3-4 minutes slow. This is controlled by the network domain controller, so if we update the time there, everything gets corrected. However, within a few minutes that DC goes back to being
slow. How do you fix this? This is only a minor annoyance, so don't give me anything draconian to do like change the motherboard or reformat the hard drive, but if there is a simple fix, I would like to know.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Which version of windows is running on the DC that keeps getting slow?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have two, Windows Server 20013 and Windows Server 2012. Don't know which is the primary DC, but they both show the same delayed time. Online, I see articles that refer to setting an "internet time" but no such option appears in either machine. I have NIST time on my workstation, but of course the DC keeps overriding it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

On both of them click on the time and go to Date and Time settings and its there you set it to get it automatically.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see that. Send me a screen shot or step-by-step.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I cant get the screenshots at the moment, but its Click Time, Click Date and Settings, Click on Set Time Automatically

How far do you get?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Set time automatically is not an option in either of those Windows server. Is this what you ware trying to have me do?
http://nefaria.com/2013/03/configure-windows-server-20082012-to-sync-with-internet-time-servers/
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, that's the next step, can you do that please if you do not have the Tab

Let me know the results.