Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My keyboard types only numbers (0-9) no matter which key is

Customer Question

My keyboard types only numbers (0-9) no matter which key is pressed. Some programs work properly (google chrome) and some do not (MS edge, calendar). Where do I start to correct this problem?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?

What's the model of your Windows 10 computer?

1. Please try to do a system restore, and check:

1. Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen), and then select Control Panel.

2. Type / search for Recovery in Control Panel.

3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

2. If that does not work, uninstall the Keyboard driver from Device Manager, then restart the computer and check:

2. Click on System and Security if available, then click on System.
  3. Click on Device Manager on the left.
  4. Double-click on Keyboards in order to open / expand it.
  5. Right-click on each of the keyboard device(s) under Keyboards, then click on Uninstall, then click on OK.
  6. Restart the computer, and check.

3. If that still does not work, please do a reset:

- Click on Start (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Settings, then click on Update & security, then click on Recovery, then click on Reset PC, then when prompted, click on the option Keep my files and continue, and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.