Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Repairing computers for over 15 years
32989067

I have an hp pavilion computer I purchased directly from HP

Customer Question

I have an hp pavilion computer I purchased directly from HP eight years ago. After two years of ownership I got the BSOD, and sent it in for repairs. When I purchased this computer it was pretty cutting edge. 500 MB hard drive, 4 GB ram, 256k graphics
card, and quad core. I'm pretty sure when they "fixed" the computer back in 2010, they replaced the motherboard. I have not really used this computer in a way that would require the graphics card. It's basically been used to surf the Internet. Now when I try
to watch TV on the Internet, or engage the computer with any video files, I get this vacuum cleaner noise that comes and goes as long as I am viewing the video content. I was wondering what you might think this was. I have never cleaned out the computer, so
I know there is dust in there. Your help would be appreciated.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

It is overheating , and will likely be from Dust as this is the number one cause for this.

Remove the power to the computer, open it up and clean it completly. Remove all dust and make sure it is very clean.

Close it all back up, connect the power and check if you still have the problem.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard,This sounds good. I have read when you do this you should not vacuum the insides out, but rather use compressed air. What do
you recommend? Thanks!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

That is correct, though a cloth is usually enough, if you need to blow it out use compressed air as opposed to vacuuming.